On this week’s episode of The Dropcast we spotlight a number standout sneaker releases. Maison Margiela just debuted a luxe reinterpretation of the Air Jordan 4, while fragment design is prepping the release of a pair of Air Jordan 3s. Reebok will soon be delivering two fall-appropriate colorways of its new lifestyle sneaker, the Premier Road Modern, an inline silhouette that is definitely worthy of a cop.
In other sneaker-related news, adidas’ Jon Wexler has left the brand to join Shopify. Wex is largely responsible for bolstering the brand’s roster of ambassadors, having added Kanye West, Pharrell, and Beyoncé — just to name a few — to the Three Stripes team during his tenure.
Also on The Dropcast, we continue our discussion surrounding Walter Van Beirendonck’s criticism of Virgil Abloh, which is hypocritical at best. The episode comes to a close as we segue from Neymar’s potential deal with PUMA to ask our listeners what sportswear brand they would want to be sponsored by.
- Maison Margiela Takes the Air Jordan 4 Into Its Own Hands for FW20
- The Quack Is Back as Nike Readies Air Jordan 5 “Oregon Ducks”
- Official Images of the fragment design Air Jordan 3 Suggest a Release Is Coming Soon
- The New Balance 997S “Better Days” Is Bodega’s Third Collab on the Silhouette
- Reebok’s New Lifestyle Sneaker Is Bold in All the Right Ways
- Jon Wexler, the Other Face of YEEZY, Has Left the Building
- Why Is It Okay to Bash Virgil Abloh and Not Walter Van Beirendonck?
- Cardi B Is the New Face of Balenciaga
- Where Next for Neymar After 15 Years with Nike?